Transform your veggies into crispy morsels perfect for dipping. Delicately crunchy on the outside, soft and creamy on the inside!
Image by Kirsten Bridge @kirstenbridgephotography
- GF Tasty Tempura Batter
- Variety of veggies such as eggplant, kumara, carrots, broccoli, capsicum
- 130ml chilled water
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut your veggies into either thick slices or thick strips.
- Place your eggplant into a strainer set over a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 1 hour.
- If using kumara or sweet potato, soak slices in water for 15-30 minutes and then pat dry with paper towel.
- Rinse eggplant under cold water and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add 130ml of chilled water to approximately half a packet (95g) of Tasty Tempura Batter. Mix until you have the consistency of runny cream.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan to float the veggies. Dip your veggies into the batter one at a time, and fry for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, remove with steel tongs or a spider strainer and place onto a cooling rack set over paper towels.
An extra bonus: add some dipping sauces. Simply use soy sauce, or combine 1 cup greek yoghurt, 1 clove garlic crushed and 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill.
Image by Kirsten Bridge
Other recipes you might like